Today starts the NaNoWriMo writing November frenzy! Woo Hoo!
What is NaNoWriMo?
National Novel Writing Month — check out their website at http://www.nanowrimo.org.
The gist is you need to write 50,000 words from November 1st to November 30th.
This year I am a NaNoRebel! I am not writing their traditional fiction for a novel. (**okay, I may be writing on the side because I got this fabulous idea for a story LOL but it’s not my main focus)
What is a NaNoRebel?? you ask!
A NaNoRebel is someone who writes nonfiction: ebooks, instruction manuals, blog posts, articles, anything that basically is not fiction.
And with that, I have also signed up to do the Contentpalooza hosted by Kelly Kingman. Contentpalooza is all about writing 30,000 words of content for your business/blog/website, etc. and this year she has included a fun addition — 30 images!
This is my 4th NaNoWriMo and my 1st Contenpalooza. I have not been able to finish my NaNo with 50,000 words yet but this year I am dedicating my cross over the finish line to my husband’s mother who recently passed. She loved to write and was working towards being a published childrens’ books author.
My goals for this NaNoWriMo & Contentpalooza:
- 30 images is easy 😉 I love making graphics! But I can also use photos too! 🙂
- finish my sewing project tutorial (more pictures LOL) — a coveted project that many have wanted to get their hands on. Apparently they think I have this big secret or something. (** my secret is that I have been sewing since I was 11 or 12 and I know how to tweak patterns to fit my needs — yep .. that’s my secret. But I digress … )
- start writing out my signature program — I think I have my focus now WOOT!
- write up a script for my new webinar that I am creating — including slides and video — holy crap! But I now people can use this information 😉
- create new printables for the ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS blog & website planner I am sharing!
- new pages for the blog
- sharing tips, tricks and resources to help you all grow your blog presence, your business, whatever it is you are trying to do with your blog
Are you excited????
I need cheer leaders! Woo hoo!!!
Daily tip from Gypsy:
Check out NaNoWriMo and Contentpalooza. If you are so inclined to join, let me know! I would love to be your NaNo buddie! It helps to have others cheer you on and check in!