Here is my Day 2 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge: a guest post by Amethyst Mahoney.
Are you struggling to attract the right clients to your business?
How to find clients is easily the number one question I get asked again and again.
I used to have the same problem. It seemed like no matter how hard I tried or where I looked, I just couldn’t find any clients anywhere!
These days it is difficult to leave the house without running into a new client.
Why is that? I discovered the 7 Keys to MORE CLIENTS.
Today I want to share them with you so that you can start attracting all of the clients you will ever need.
1. Choose your intention. Before you get on-line or leave the house, you need to decide the outcome you are looking for. As my mentor Jenn August says, “Energy before effort!”
Many days I set my intention as “Universe, lead me to one person I can help today.” It’s amazing how it all works out.
2. Listen and be aware. Too often business owners go out with the idea that they need to sell something to someone. This is a great way to chase off potential clients. Instead, open your ears and really listen to the people around you. What are they saying? Who is asking for help?
3. Introduce yourself – the right way. Most small business owners blow it when they approach someone or when they are asked, “What do you do?” Remember, it’s about them, not about you.
4. Engage and interact. Find out what is really going on and if you can help this person. Even a quick 2-minute conversation can lead to a vast amount of knowledge about someone’s situation, but only if you are really listening.
5. Next step. Offer the person a solution if you have one. Get their name, telephone number, and email address and let them know you will contact them with exactly what they are looking for.
6. Thank them and exit. Even if the person says s/he has time to talk, I usually exit pretty quickly (about 3 minutes). You can always set up a breakthrough session to get into more depth later. In most cases, a public place is no place to have a breakthrough session.
7. Send a follow-up and thank them again. Email the person the information you promised (your free report, audio training, etc.) and let them know that you enjoyed meeting them. Offer a breakthrough session and let them know you look forward to helping them more soon.
Start using these 7 Keys to More CLIENTS, and you will be amazed at how quickly you meet new clients and help more people as your business grows.
To find out more about the 7 Keys, check out the special Halloween/Samhain Edition of Divine Wisdom News.
What are your best tips to find more clients? I’d love to hear about it!